- Is there anything about you and your partner that the midwife should know ahead of childbirth in order to provide the best possible support?
- What reactions and emotions might the pain trigger in you? Is it important to avoid pain completely, is some level of pain acceptable, or will you take it as it comes? How can your partner and the staff help you?
- In what physical position do you feel most safe and focused?
- How important is the feeling of being in control? Can your partner or the midwife help you with that?
- Are you concerned or afraid of anything? Can the midwife help you to not feel afraid?
- As new parents, do you have any thoughts regarding how to care for your newborn infant?
- Do you have any particular feelings and thoughts on breastfeeding and the first few weeks with your baby?
- How can the staff give you the best start on your journey into parenthood?
Sources: - Abascal, G., & Huss, M. S. (2018). Att föda. Bonnier Fakta.