By the time you start reading this article, you have hopefully already decided which car seat you want to buy for your child. If not, we recommend that you first read our articles in the Car Seat Guide that can be found under Articles & Tools. However, if you have decided and want to ensure that you have made a safe and good choice, it can be good to go through and check these points.
Do I understand …
- What car seat my child is in?
- The importance of rear-facing travel?
- What tests all car seats in Europe are approved according to?
- What a Plus Tested car seat means for my child's safety?
- That the car model affects what installation options are available for the car seat?
Have I chosen?
- A car seat that fits my current car? Is it compatible for ISOFIX, belt mounting, or both?
- A car seat with a simple, smooth and safe installation?
- A rear-facing car seat with high maximum limits?
- A car seat with good opportunities to grow in?
- A safe car seat that covers our desired needs?
Did you check all the boxes, or is there any point you are still not sure about? If you feel insecure, feel free to read the Car Seat Guide and remember that you are never alone, there is always the opportunity to ask for help. Both retailers and the car seat manufacturers can help you with your questions or concerns.
Read more about the choice of car seat and how the car affects the installation options in our car seat guide, which you will find in Articles and Tools.